Thursday, August 13, 2009

Firefly Lane

Title: Firefly Lane
Author: Kristin Hannah
Pages: 479
Genre: Fiction, Chick-Lit
Rating: 4/5

I know, I know! I have been totally MIA lately, and have been lacking in the review department. I have been reading though. I read the whole Twilight series, which I have chosen NOT to review.

I have been really sick and tired and BUSY, but now that my energy is back, I am back in the full swing of things, and ready to be reviewing the books that I have read, and need to get my butt in gear to reach my 100 books in 2009 reading goal! I am no where near that!

Now to the review:

Firefly Lane follows the lives of two girls, Tully and Kate, who meet while in eighth-grade. They could not be more opposite. Tully lives with her grandmother most of the time, but occasionally, she lives with her flaky mother, Cloud, who is a hippie and cares more about drugs than her own daughter. Kate is an introvert, who is a little socially awkward, and lives with her perfectly normal family. They meet when Tully moves in across the street from Kate. The friendship starts off by happenstance, but they quickly develop a trust in each other.

Through the 70's until present day, we follow Tully and Kate through their lives struggles and triumphs. Marriages and relationships, and everything in between.

The story is very endearing and reminded me of the relationship between my best friend and myself. I cried like a baby, but I am sure it is the influx of hormones in my body right now, but I loved the book. I recommend this book especially when one can relate to a close relationship like having a lifelong best friend.

3 comments:

Rae said...

I'm so glad to read this review. I read about this book a few months ago and almost bought it.
I'll have to put it on my TBR list.

Care said...

My friend just loaned this to me! I hope to start it next.

Billeena said...

can i just say that i loved this book...i reminded me of the movie "beaches"...which might i add has always been one of my very favorite movies....
like you said..i dont know how anybody who has ever had a BEST FRIEND could read this and not be touched by it...
i loved it...and was so thrilled to find someone else who had read it and loved it!!!
can i just make a book suggestion to you..i recently read "the shack"....oh my goodness it is a must read!!!!! please post if you do!!
billeena