Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Midweek Morsels


This week, I tried a new food. Eggplant. I have always been intimidated by this purple, squash like vegetable. However, when eating low-cab, one must be creative. I tried this recipe the other night for dinner, and thought it was so delicious. So try, and enjoy!

Cheese-Stuffed Eggplant

2 eggplants
1 red onion, chopped
3 Tbsp. butter
3 C. crumbled feta cheese
1/2 C. grated Parmesan Cheese
1/4 C Ricotta Cheese
1 egg
Season Salt

Preheat oven to 350 F. Slice eggplants in half lengthwise. Scoop out center with a spoon, chop and set aside. Reserve the shells. Saute onions in butter until golden. Add eggplant pulp. This will seem like a lot but the pulp with cook down. Saute for about five minutes. Transfer mixture into a bowl and cool. Add cheeses to mixture. Beat in egg. Stuff mixture into eggplant shell and top with season salt. Bake for 40 minutes.

6 comments:

S. Krishna said...

I don't like eggplant but that picture made me hungry!

Kristina said...

I've never had eggplant, but because of this now I have to =)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I really like eggplant but know only one way of cooking it. This is new, I need to try this recipe out. Thanks for sharing. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great evening!

Sherrie

Trish said...

I'm SOOOOO glad you posted this (even though I think low carb diets are bad bad bad!). :P I LOVE eggplant but I don't know how to cook it. I'll definitely have to try!

Michelle said...

S. Krishna: I think you may find that the egg plant has taken on the flavor of the cheese (which is never a bad thing)! :)

Kristina: Hope you do try this, it is sooo good!

Sherry: I have a couple different recipes for eggplant if you would like them let me know!

Trish: I know, I know! Low carb can be really bad! I am not eliminating any fruit or vegetable in my diet so I feel justified. I have lost about 20 pounds so far. I have a couple recipes for Eggplant if you are interested...

NoBS said...

I love eggplant parmasan (I'm sure there's something wrong in that spelling).

The hardest thing to get used to with eggplant is it's texture. Once you get past that...yum!