Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Midweek Morsels




I love sweets, love the spicy, love the fatty, and even sometimes love the healthy. All in all, I just really love to eat.

I have been trying to ponder about how I can spice up my reading blog. Reveiws are always nice but sometimes, it is nice to just get a taste of something different, you know? Anyway, I came across Kristina's Blog, I was inspired by this weekly event called Midweek Morsels. Here, you are supposed to share some recipes and etc, but if you know me, you know I do not have a flair for cooking, but I do have a flair for eating out! So, here we are midweek, and I would love to share with all of you, my midweek morsel.

Kristina inspired the genre of comfort food. It did snow in Denver yesterday (you would never know by the weather today though) so Houston and I ventured out to Federal Blvd to our favorite comfort food joint Pho Duiy.

Pho (pronounced FUH) is a vietnamese soup.
It contains rice noodles, thinly sliced rare steak, broth seasoned with cinnamon, star anise, ginger, cloves, and a beef flavor. You will garnish this dish with hoisin sauce, Sriracha, sprouts, cilantro, lime, jalapeno, and basil. Click on the link above (pho) and you can read more about this delicious dish.

I encourage all to go to their local asian marketplaces, and I am sure that you will find a Pho place to eat nearby. I am telling you this dish will change your life for the better.

Maybe next week I will have a great recipe for all to try, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

4 comments:

Lynda said...

My husband would love this as he eats meat - unfortunately I'm veggie. :0)
My simple recipe is here:
http://holisticknitter.blogspot.com/2009/02/midweek-morsels-comfort-foods.html

Kristina said...

This sounds yummy! I love to eat out! Makes me wish I lived near you =) Thank you for stopping by, I hope you'll play again!

Stephanie said...

Oh, my Vietnamese girlfriend would be salivating if she saw that picture! She grew up on Pho.

Michelle said...

Lynda- I know you can get this vegetarian style. They would put tofu in instead of the steak! It really is worth a try!

Kristina- go try this! I promise it is worth searching out!

Stephanie- I have some vietnamese friends and they LOVE this! They eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I never would have guess this would be a breakfast item. Definately not your typical bacon and eggs!