Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Midweek Morsels: Casserole




This weeks theme for Midweek Morsels is...... CASSEROLES! Good thing for everyone, I grew up in Utah with a family of count them... nine. So casseroles are not a problem.... Here is my favorite one, Chicken and Rice Casserole. If we are not careful, Houston and I can eat the whole pan in one sitting. I told you, I love to eat! Try and enjoy!

Chicken and Rice Casserole

2 chicken breasts
2 Cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Can of Milk
1 Stick of Butter
2 Cups uncooked Rice (not instant)
1/2 C Parmesan cheese

Heat soup, milk, butter and stir in Rice. Pour into a 9x13 pan with cooked chicken*. Put cheese on top. Cover with foil. Cook at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.

*After chicken is boiled, you can either cut into chunks, shred with fork (my preference) or omit all together. Your preference.

ENJOY!

4 comments:

Trish said...

I think you might have sent this one to me but I've got to try it! I'm not a big casserole cooker, but this has everything that Scott would love. Haha--especially the 1 stick of butter. :) Do you use the CofC cans for the milk?? Or is that cups of milk?

Michelle said...

Trish- yes you use the CofC cans for the milk. Sorry. I know it is so bad for you but so delicious, and easy. I love easy. I use my crock pot about three times a week!

Trish said...

You have to send me some CP recipes! The only thing I really know how to make is roast--it would change my life to be able to throw stuff in in the morning and come home to a cooked meal. :) The only problem is that I'm gone for 11 hours and most meals would turn to mush if cooked that long...

Michelle said...

Did you get my email of some CP recipes? I only sent two, but I will get more out to you!