Monday, February 23, 2009

Classics Challenge


Another challenge?! YUP. I know I said that I would not join another challenge anytime soon until I get my TBR list down considerably, but this one I have been waiting for. Plus, my beautiful cousin Trish is hosting this one. To sign up, go here!

For this challenge, I am just going to snack. For the snacking, I am to choose just four classics, and one bonus.

Here is my list:

1- Tess of the D'Ubervilles by Thomas Hardy
2- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
3- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
4- The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
BONUS** Life of Pi by Yann Martel

This is usually out of my comfort zone, so the list is small, but I really want to venture into something different for me. I am really excited to start but know I have to wait for April 1.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I watched Tess of d'Ubervilles on PBS recently and it was a great production. I am sure that the book, albeit very sad, will be very good and hope to read it someday myself.

Trish said...

You are too sweet--have I told you you're my favorite cousin? Wait...Rachel doesn't read this does she? Haha! Just kidding.

GREAT list of classics. Other than Little Women which I didn't care for the rest are some of my favorites.

Bellezza said...

Your Trish's cousin?! How cool is that! I'd love to blog with my cousins, except no one in my family knows I have a blog. I'm vocal enough as it is, I think. :) Anyway, thanks for visiting me, and it'll be fun to talk about the Classics via Trish's great challenge!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I like your list. I just read Little Women. Too late for this challenge. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Care said...

I've always wanted to read Tess but just haven't gotten to it yet... I have Hardy on my list to try but I think it's The Woodlanders?

Michelle said...

Stephanie- I know the story line for the most part. I have had the book for quite sometime but have just never picked it up to read.

Trish- Really? You didn't like Little Women? How is little Emma? Did you get the blanket finished?

Bellezza- I am really looking forward to this challenge. I can't wait! Trish is awesome huh?

Sherrie- I am excited to read Little Women. It will probably be my first classics read. You are quite the reading machine! Very inspirational!

Care- I have never read a Hardy novel. Tess was a question on Jeopardy, (I know, I am a nerd), and that inspired me to add it to my list. Good luck with the challenge!

Okie said...

Looks like a fun challenge.

I'm actually reading Tess right now. My wife hates it (she's a fan of the less 'tragic' stories), but I'm enjoying it.

Michelle said...

Okie: I would love to read your review when you are finished, I love the "Tragic stories". I am a little intimidated by it, but no better way to get over it than to just dive right in!