Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Art of Racing in the Rain

Title: The Art of Racing in the Rain
Author: Garth Stein
Pages: 321
Genre: Fiction
Rating: 4.5/5

Let me first say that I LOVED THIS BOOK! I cannot say enough good things about it. I myself am a dog lover. I have three dogs, and reading this book added a little extra love in my heart for them.

The book is narrated by a dog, Enzo. He tells the story of his life, through his eyes and wisdom. Have tissues handy. It is not a sad, depressing, story, but a tender and endearing one. You will fall in love with Enzo and before you know it, you have read all 321 pages of the book. I don't want to say too much about the plot, but I guarantee you will love it!

The book is full of great thought provoking quotes. One of my favorites is on page314:

"I know this much about racing in the rain. I know it is about balance. It is about anticipation and patience... [it is also] about the mind! It is about owning one's body... It is about believing that you are not you; you are everything. And everything is you."

That is all I have. Here are my babies!

Ginger. She is a Japanese Chin. She is sweet and loving.




Grace. Another Japanese Chin. She is spunky and naughty.



And finally Duke. A Corgi. He is obedient, gentle, and kind.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Your dogs are so beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen a Japanese Chin before. How are they with Emmory?

Michelle said...

Thanks trish! I love my dogs. They are so great with Emmory. And she absolutely loves them. The only hard part about it is I feel like I vacuum all the time to keep the hair under control, otherwise it just goes straight into Emmory's mouth. Ycuk.