Wednesday, January 28, 2009

HELP!

What is wrong with me lately? I am reading a great book, We Need to Talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver. I am really liking the book, but I have been reading this same one for almost a month. I just can't seem to read any more than a page or two at a time. Then I start to feel guilty about the house being a mess, the laundry not being done, I just can't seem to sit down and relax to a good book. I don't know what this is about. I have never had this happen before. I am falling way behind in my reading challenges, and can't seem to shake it. Now what?!

4 comments:

Nymeth said...

I've had reading funks before, and usually what I do is just wait them out. That or pick up an old favourite book, something I know I won't be able to put down. I hope yours passes soon!

trish said...

Yeah, maybe you just need to pick up a different book. It's a sad day when you choose cleaning over reading. ;-)

Trish said...

Michelle--this happens to me as well. Over the past few weeks I haven't wanted to do anything bloggy or bookish. I hope it passes soon for you, but on the other hand, don't forget that in the midst of everything else it is OK for you to have YOU time. Make Houston do the cleaning!! :) Ya, well, I know how that goes in *real* life...

bkclubcare said...

When this happens to me, I have to switch up the reading. I was in a funk for the first 2 weeks of this month, too.