Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fall Into Reading Challenge Finished

YEAH!!! This is my very first reading challenge that I have finished. I am really excited about it and proud of myself. It was a really small one. I read only five books for the challenge, and I could read any book that I wanted to so it was not really a challenge so much as an organized read for fun. The books that I read were:

1-Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

2-The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

3-Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson

4- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

5- A Ticket to Ride by Paula McLain

It is hard to say what my favorite book from this challenge was. I loved them all for different reasons. Being forced to choose, (forced by myself) I would say that A Ticket to Ride would top the list. There was a great story behind the book and I really loved the characters and was able to relate in different ways with all of them. Here is to many more challenges in the future and to millions of words to be consumed by my brain!

Happy Reading!!

6 comments:

Paula McLain said...

Dear Michelle--

Thanks for reading my book, A Ticket to Ride--and with enthusiasm. I admire your reading project. Good Luck!

Paula McLain

David said...

Your site is using what appears to be red and green type on a dark brown background, with the result (especially anything written in green) effectively unreadable. Worth trying something different?

michellekae said...

Thanks David for the input! Done and Done!

Trish said...

Wow--an author comment! :) Anyway, congrats on finishing the challenge!! You have your eye on any more for 09?

michellekae said...

Trish-
Yeah, I like the A-Z Challenge. I will probably do the every nation starting with the letters A-Z. That is really the main one that I caught my eye. Not too sure about any others yet though... You?

Trish said...

Don't know yet--definitely the TBR or some variation but I need to get my current stack finished first!! Yikes! I can't believe there are only 25 days left in the year.