Saturday, October 18, 2008

Read-a-thon Update




Wow! Is it really this late? I must say that I have not spent as much time as I had hoped reading. My daughter has been a lot more needy than I imagined she would be. I just finished the book that I had been reading for a while Memoirs of a Geisha and am about to start another one. She is down for her nap (finally), so I can have some quite time before it is time to play mommy again. I guess for the most part she has been pretty good, I just wanted some time for reading! (Can anyone say mother of the year award? Its not that 24 hours is that long right?!?!?!)

So maybe in the fall I can truly devote the whole 24 hours to books and nothing else. Houston will be home in about 2 hours so then I will have more free time to read as well. Above are some pictures of the little one participating in her own read-a-thon.
I will write my reviews of the books that I have read another time (when I have more of it). Back to reading!!!

3 comments:

Maree said...

First, your daughter is too cute!!! And I sympathise with the finding time for some reading _ my son is 17 months and I just can't read while he's up, so my reading gets done very late at night.
Keep up the great work! :)

Trish said...

I can't believe how big she is!! And that hair! she is so beautiful Michelle!!

Congrats on finishing the first book!

Bybee said...

Your daughter is cute, and it looks like she'll turn out to be a reader. Great picture!