Friday, October 17, 2008

24 Hour Read a Thon



When I first read about this Read-a-Thon, I thought to myself yeah right no way possible. But here we are at the last second, Trish has encouraged and tempted me, so I am now thinking why not? I know I must be a little crazy, I have a 5 1/2 month old daughter. She needs my attention not these books. I have decided to give this the best effort I can. Plus Emmory enjoys when I read to her even though she doesn't understand a word I say. So I am pulling out all stops, getting the lozenges handy (for reading aloud of course) and compiling my list. I am going to try to finish all of my challenges for the year, because I know there are a lot of challenges coming up for the new year. Here is the list of books that are remaining on my list:
1-Memoirs of a Geisha (Arther Golden), I don't know why this one has taken me so long to read...
2- A Ticket to Ride (Paula McLain)
3- Suzannes Diary for Nicholas (James Patterson)
4-The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold)
5- Where the Heart is (Billie Letts)
I am going to throw some childrens books in as well (for Emmory too) why can't she enjoy this too right?
I know that the list is somewhat heavy but again here we are at the last second, and that is what I have... I am going to do my darndest to succeed at this, but I am sure there will be a little difficulty. I am excited to join and look forward to reading reviews about new books for me to read!
For more info, click here: http://deweymonster.com/?p=931

5 comments:

Trish said...

I am so excited you'll be doing this with me!! :) It is a lot of fun--but sometimes the blogging part of it is even more fun. shhh...don't tell anyone I said that. Be sure to add Dewey's page to your reader (you do have google reader, right???) so that you don't miss anything (although it does take time out of reading to stay caught up--catch 22).

And if you take a little nap--that's fine too. I took a 2 hour nap during the last one and was really glad I did.

softdrink said...

I'll be popping in to cheer you on! Have fun with it!!

Sunny said...

Good for you for jumping in anyway!I hope it's going well for you and that you're having fun with it!!

Marg said...

You can only do what you can. The main thing is that you enjoy your readathon experience!

Rae said...

You guys are awesome!! I read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas in college. Cried my eyes out.