Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bridget Jones's Diary


Date finished: Sept 24, 2008
Pages: 288
Rating: 5/5

This book was easy reading and quite witty. Of course I have seen the movie, but thought there is always so much more to the books than what is in the movie.

Bridget is a 30-something singleton who is in love with her boss Daniel. The story follows her through one year of her life as she is attempting to 1-stop smoking, 2- stop drinking, 3- lose those dreadful 10 pounds, 4-find love etc.

I loved Bridget and her akwardness. Sounds familiar in my own life. Everything she attempts and does is clumsily failed. Bless her heart! I am sure that every woman can relate to Bridget in one way or another....

8 comments:

Trish said...

I've read this one twice and was actually thinking about picking it up last week again. I LOVE Bridget, even though she can be quite ridiculous... I'm glad you liked this one, the follow up is fun too.

alisonwonderland said...

i have never read this one. i'm going to have to do that!

michellekae said...

I would definately recommend this book to every woman out there. Again it is quite the easy read. I have never read the second though. I will be doing that next!

Rae said...

I remember seeing this movie together in Salt Lake!! (At least this time we could drive ourselves and didn't have to tell our moms we were seeing "Babe." Haha)

Trish said...

Rachel!!!!! WHATTHEHECK!! Looks like I have some stalking to do now!! And I have half of an email written to you in response...life has been crazy the past week. :(

Anyway--I left you something here

michellekae said...

Rae- Ahh Babe. I do remember that. We were so crazy. Did you ever tell your mom about what we really saw?

Trish- I know things have been crazy here too. I am having dinner with your mom tonight...

Jessica said...

Another Lit Flicks qualifier! You're a machine. I've seen the TV version of this movie, but I haven't read the book. I agree that there is usually a bit more to the book than the movie.

michellekae said...

The book is so different than the movie I was surprised... The Edge of Reason is also on the list so I am interested in how different the movie and book are with that too...